Click here to view the PDF in a new tab.
- Most Americans, regardless of race, income, or education believe that they have either achieved the American Dream or are on their way to achieving it.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has negatively affected Americans’ perception of the American Dream, with many believing it’s further out of reach. However, very few believe it is completely out of reach.
- Most Americans regard living better and fuller lives—rather than simply becoming rich—as essential in achieving the American Dream.
- Most Americans, and especially blacks, believe they have more opportunities than their parents.
- For most Americans, ensuring people have a fair chance to succeed and reducing poverty are more important than reducing income inequality.